Sunday, March 27, 2005

Interview Me - - Diane did!

So Diane of Knitting Zeal asked who wanted to be interviewed

Her Questions...My Answers

1. Where is the most unusual place you've traveled to for work? Where is your favorite destination?
Most unusual place I travel too...perhaps the mountains of Taiwan when I spent a day designing hats in a heat-less stone factory in a tiny town...brrr...although, lunch was amazing! (You'll see a pattern here!)

Favorite? I'm torn between Florence and Tokyo. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Florence above all cities...but when in Tokyo I get to spend time with my dear friend Reiko. Amd...both places have AMAZING FOOD!


2. What is the oddest food item you've been served while traveling abroad?knitus-maximus
Odd in who's eyes? The locals here in China find it absolutely wild that I eat cereal and a trough of watermelon from the buffet each morning rather than heaps of the other offerings. I do this because it's the one meal I can control (weight wise) during my day. Lunch and dinner are most often elaborate and I'm SURE all to fatty.

But from a Western perspective...I'd say Fish Testicles, Japan, Feb 2005. (See photo left.)
Very creamy.

3. What do you do for your work and do you enjoy it?
knitus-maximusI'm Director of Design for the USs leading Ladies Millinery/Hat company.
Or in english...I design and make hats. Fancy ones, casueal ones, big ones, small ones. :-) I also design bags and gloves and scarves to round out the collection.
Yep - love it! The travel gets a bit wearing - but other than that - Love love love it! Photo to the right is a design for a headpiece that hit the cutting room floor - it was never produced.

4. What is your favorite brand of chocolate?
One? You're MAD! MAD I say! I love dark rich chocolate...hmmm...especially Belgium!
I love
Leonidas chocolate. Their Dark Chocolate Pralines and their Gianduja...YUM!
I also love:
Neuhaus Chocolatier, Vosges Haut Chocolat (you can get a hatbox filled with chocolate here!), Dark Chocolate Heavenly Hash from Evelyn’s Chocolates (4 John St., nr. Broadway; 212-267-5170)she's down on Wall Street and I haven't beem in a few years...her website is down - let's HOPE she's still there!,and Godiva's Dark truffles and dark dipped fresh strawberries.
I don't like fruit flavoured fillings. Fillings are made to be CHOCOLATE!


5. What is your favorite PEZ in your collection? What is the most unusual or valuable one?knitus-maximus?knitus-maximus
I'm torn between my Astrix characters that I picked up in Spain, or my Mr. Bean Colelction that I picked up in this divey underground store in Hong Kong (next to the store where I bought the yarn for my Clapotis!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home