1. I am lucky to be close with my family. I have one sibling, my brother, 5 years older than me, two healthy parents and a sister-in-law and niece...all whom I adore.
2. Loco, my 27lb Siamese cat, rules the roost...although his two adopted Bermese brothers, Coco & Chanel give him a run for his cat toys!
3. I have unexplained episodes of what I can only describe as Narcoleptic. They hit about 1 morning a month...often with me waking up with a cup of coffee still sitting upon my leg, now cold, after a 1 hour "nap." My doctor isn't worried about it.
4. I had a 6.5mm kidney stone. Ouch.
5. I love Big Band music & Latin music...it's got something to do with the drums and horns.
6. Some of my favorite books are: Confederacy of Dunces, The Scarlet Letter and Princess (book 1 of 3).
7. Pizza, popcorn, cereal and sushi are perfect foods.
8. I will try most-any food once.
9. Wierdest thing I've eaten so far...fish testicles in Tokyo. YUM!
10. I REALLY want a dog! I miss having a dog. This won't happen unless I start traveling less.
11. I do have great interest to adopt a little girl from China some day.
12. I never want to move out of NYC.
13. I do want to buy a weekend cottage in the mountains.
14. I love to cook & entertain.
15. My friends are family to me, and I'm blessed to have them.
16. My name is Kimberli and I'm a yarn addict.
17. I acted on stage for the first time at age 5 at New London Barn Playhouse in New LondonN NH (Summer Stock theatre.) It started a long love for theater. I haven't acted in anything since college. I miss it.
18. I have been engaged twice. Never married.
19. I love my job (95% of the time.)
20. When I eat something REALLY tasty, I dance in my seat without realizing it.
21. I smile more often than not.
22. Some day I'd like to get a Masters Degree in Chinese Language.
23. Eventually, I will have a TV show of my own and 2 books.
24. I had my own ladies hat line many years ago (note the label atop my blog), but decided to close it to gain more experience on someone else's dime.
25. I have tiny feet. (Size US 5.5)
26. Gardening is a passion.
27. I plant mint in my garden for the sole purpose of a mojito night with friends.
28. I hardly ever am found wearing black head to toe. I don't understand hoe people can design colorful items if they don't wear them!
29. I'm a hat designer. Yes I wear hats.
30. I also design handbags/scarves/gloves etc to match my hats.
31. I spend approx. 3.5 months a year out of the country on travel for my job.
32. My parents joined weight watchers last spring (2004). Dad lost 38lbs (his goal) and Mom's nearly to hers at 44lbs! I am SO PROUD OF THEM!
33. I was ill for two years with random kidney infections. When I first got sick, I gained 37lbs in 11 weeks and haven't been able to loose a pound. I still get kidney infections but my body has developed it's own defense and now fights them off without drugs. Yes they make me tired.
34. My tired pace is still twice as fast as most peoples fast pace.
35. I'm a very curvey size 10 (until I got sick I was a 2-4.) I'm OK with being curvey.
35. I LOVE going to the theater! Thankfully I take part in a membership that gives super-affordable tickets! (Who can afford full price show tickets in NYC?)
36. I think that Din Tai Fun (in Taipei, TW) makes the best dumplings ever!
37. Although my sneeze sounds tiny, it feels like my head will explode.
38. I'm allergic to most perfumes, all cigarette smoke and sticky flowers (namely Lilies!) I get insta-headache.
39. I LOVE DARK CHOCOLATE!
40. I LOATH WHITE CHOCOLATE and anything GUMMY (bears, worms etc)!
41. Tulips and exotic flowers are my favorites. Carnations remind me of bad days from high school.
42. If forced to choose only one countries cuisine to eat for the rest of my days, Japanese would win hands down.
43. I think men should wear hats, not baseball caps...gosh they look sexy!
44. I'm a stickler for etiquette.
45. I wish that that my home & my parents home were closer so we could spend more time together.
46. I'm still searching for a private tutor to teach me Mandarin.
47. I can ski...but haven't in 6 years.
48. I'm very stubborn and have strong opinions.
49. I'm not happy with our current political leaders.
50. I drape, sew , embroider, knit, crochet, crewel, draw (fashion drawings).
51. I'm proud of my patternmaking ability for both clothing & accessories!
52. I try to laugh as much as possible.
53. I can ride a bike.
54. I've driven a car about 4x in the past year...that's it.
55. Last fall I taught my boyfriend to knit. He enjoys it.
56. I own AT LEAST 60 pairs of shoes...OK...70...
57. I can bake and decorate a cake...formal roses and all...from scratch.
58. I visited Russia when it was still the USSR.
59. I was in Vilnius, Lithuania on it's 100th day of independence.
60. Florence, to me, is the most romantic city I've ever been to.
61. I love to edit knitting patterns. (I'm sick, I know.)
62. I want to learn...everything! Where do I find that extra time?
63. I started writing recipes at 7.
64. I learned to knit and crochet at age 4.
65. Until I was in 8th grade and met Mrs. Adamsky, I wanted to be a math teacher. Amazing the impression one teacher can have on you.
66. My longest friendship is 28 years long and counting!
67. I've been in 7 weddings...3 as maid-of-honor.
68. Last summer my father and I built a new deck in my garden.
69. There is a fruit-bearing apple tree in my garden...yes in NYC.
70. I listen to NPR every afternoon.
71. I watch the Today Show most mornings.
72. I don't have cable TV...I do use Netflix.
73. I still have dial-up.
74. I'm nearly surgically attached to my Blackberry - it's a sickness.
75. I've knit with knitting groups in 4 cities/countries so far! (Tokyo, Japan; Hong Kong, HK, SIngapore, Singapore & the NYC, USA!)
76. I've missed 4 friends weddings due to work travel.
77. I miss my Nana and just wish we could have one more long overnight conversation.
78. I walked in an Avon 3-day walk for Breast Cancer.
79. Someday I want to buy the brownstone that I live in.
80. The only perfume that I've found not to give me a headache is Chanel 5...in cream ONLY! Odd, yes.
81. I almost always have a camera on me.
82. My father made the custom cabinets in my work studio --- he's extremely talented and should charge more for his work!
83. I don't own any TV series on DVD or Video tape.
84. I visited "The Gates" and enjoyed it more than I thought I would.
85. I think Carol Burnette is one of the funniest people ever!
86. Spellcheck is one of the best inventions!
87. I learned how to play backgammon last night.
88. I adore Scrabble, Cribbage, Chess and Pictionary.
89. I miss teaching...I'd like to teach at the colleigate level sooner than later.
90. I miss picking wild strawberries and blueberries at my childhood home.
91. I grew up in the mountains of New Hampshire in a town of 826 people.
92. I lived in Poughkeepsie, NY for 8 years. It's pronounced: Po-Kip-See.
93. I've worked for my current company for nearly 6 years. The average years in by an employee is 14. 25% of the staff has worked here for over 20 years.
94. All of my friends from high school have children. About half of my friends from college have children. None of my friends here in NYC do.
95. 2/3 of the friends who have children are no longer married to the person with whom they had the child(ren.) I'm in no rush to get married.
96. My few guilty pleasures are Pork Katsu, dark chocolate covered strawberries and chocolate croisants from The Silver Moon Bakery (the best bakery in NYC!!)
97. Jimmy Buffet will forever remind me of all-nighters working in the fashion department my Jr. year of college.
98. I wasn't allowed to get my ears pierced until I was 16. My mother didn't get hers pierced until she was in her late 50s. Now she makes earrings to match every outfit.
99. I have no tattoos...although there is a persistent rumor still alive from college of The Keebler Elf waving a Scottish flag on a rarely shown spot that still makes me giggle.
100. I wear sunscreen every day, year round.