Tuesday, March 29, 2005

A fun interview from SP4 maven Jacqueline!
1. In the movie ‘Family Man’, Nicolas Cage says that living in NYC in the 21st century is like living in Rome during the Roman Empire. You live in NYC, so I need to ask, was ‘Gladiator’ an accurate portrayal of the New York City subway system?

old fabrics buildingIt's a wonderful depiction of rush hour! If coming to NYC and planning to use the subway system to start your day, get a good look at some of the warrior stances aptly displayed in Gladiator. Here, left, we see a great stance to insure you are ready to push your way into an already packed subway in order not to be late for work.
old fabrics building

You must be able to hold your ground when no handrails are within reach. Sometimes boasting an attitude, as shown to the right, is all that is needed.
Also - agility is key.


2. What on earth would inspire you to become a Millininar, Milleniur , Milnerer, Minever, Milinar, Martinmilliner, um, – hat person. And what’s the most outrageous hat you’ve ever made?
I like the way people look in hats. Women exude more confidence when they wear hats...and men respond to that! Ladies - TAKE HEED - Every time I wear a hat I get compliments from men --- and their wives/girlfriends/whoever is on their arm always gives a snarl...and the man almost always says to her, "Honey, you should wear more hats."

I LOVE watching people try on hats...as the hat hits their head they seem to totally shift - they get this new look on their faces as they imagine themselves perhaps on a beach or at a fancy garden party. It's great!
The most outrageous hat I've made...would have to be the fish hat...if I was home I'd scan in the photo...Picture a model walking down a runway in a floor length nude colored sheer dress with brightly colored hand-sequined and beaded fish covering the appropriate places...all topped off by a huge green sequin covered hat in the shape of a fish...with bubbles blowing out it's mouth.


3. In the movie of your life, who would play you, your mom, your BF, and your cat. But more importantly, who would play me?

Great question!
Me:
Mena A. Suvari
Mom: Diane Keaton
BF: An unknown that would wow everyone and his career would be born. He's unlike anyone I've ever met...I can't think of an actor who would do him justice!
Cat: He'd cameo himself...not too many 27lb Siamese cross breeds out there.
You: Michelle Meyrink (Jordan Cochran from Real Genius) After all - Jordan could knit a sweater overnight! Ooh - and she's Canadian to boot.

4. Do you have any ufo’s – knitted projects that are probably NEVER going to be finished. If so, where do you stash them? Are they in the back of your closet or in the far recesses of the magical land under your bed? Do you ever get really drunk and try to finish them?
Yes -- an ugly sweater that keeps moving...I find it in one place and JUST when I think I've successfully LOST IT...I run across it again. It's from the days when I couldn't afford yarn and got it at yarn sales and bin sales. It's half itchy and half bad acrylic. Bluck!

5. In the interest of improving U.S./Canadian relations, if you had to do the 6 degrees of separation thingy, how far away are you from former Canadian Prime Minister, Jean Chretian.

There are two ways that I can look at this... 3 or 6...

Lets see...I met Ronald Reagan, who knew G.W.Bush (shudder), who knows former Canadian Prime Minister, Jean Chretian.

or

I dated a journalist who interviewed Carson (Queer Eye) Kressley pushed his book on the Today show with Ann Curry who works with Katie Couric who knows Gene Simmons who was at a Luncheon with former Canadian Prime Minister, Jean Chretian.


While on that Queer Eye Fun... My Queer Eye Match is Ted...

ted
Ted: Food & Wine Connoisseur


Which Member from Queer Eye for the Straight Guy is your type?
brought to you by Quizilla

1 Comments:

Blogger Dmitri said...

Thank you for the kind words.
-the BF

9:47 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home